Friday, February 1, 2019

It's Gone

January 9th 2018

I have been advertising the car for sale, and now it is sold.

The strain on my rather feeble back has been escalating in recent months.
Nothing to do with working on the car or driving it.
It's the walking about on the Hills (especially the wooded slopes, in poor weather) that has been giving me problems.

I decided that, whilst I enjoy trialling, the price to pay is becoming too much. It took nearly 5 weeks for my back to settle down after the rather slippery Firbank Trial.

A guy from  Poole in Dorset has bought the car and will be using it in the 750 MC events.

He is a marine engine mechanic who looks after his vehicles to a similar, or better, degree than I do.

So if you see him on a trial give him encouragement or advice during the difficult acclimatisation period.
His name is Paul.

I am going out to the BTRDA Gold Star event at Eden Hall near Penrith at the weekend to take some video.
Whilst that does mean walking on Hills. I can do it at my own pace, and sit down if I want.

It's been a great project rebuilding the chassis frame and converting from a little Imp engine to a 1600cc Rover motor.

As someone commented.
Selling it is a bit like " .. blowing up the tyres for someone else to ride the bike."

But you've got to be sensible.



















No comments:

Post a Comment